Your sewer line keeps your home safe, sanitary, and up to code by transporting waste away from your home. When a main sewer issue occurs, it’s not a job you want to try and DIY. You want to be sure you have a professional available to solve the problem. Everest Plumbing is available for various plumbing issues, including main sewer line repair and more!
What Causes Sewer Line Issues?
TAs an important component of your plumbing, improper use of your drains, pipes, and other appliances can cause a sewer backup! Your line can become clogged, collapsed, or cracked, leading to repairs and even main sewer line replacement.
- Severe damage: If you have leaking or cracked pipes, it’s difficult for sewage to flow through your system properly, causing blockages and back-ups that can damage your system. Pipe damage can happen in various ways, including corrosion, shifting soil, and natural disasters.
- Sagging lines: Generally, nothing can be done to prevent this problem. A section of your pipe can become “bellied” due to bad soil and ground conditions. Resulting in a bend in your pipe where waste can accumulate and cause a backup.
- Tree roots: While tree roots may seem harmless, they can cause serious damage to your line.
- Grease or debris: Flushing debris, large amounts of toilet paper, or grease down your drains can build up and cause severe blockages.
Sewer Pipe Replacement
You want to be able to identify the signs of a sewer line issue. You want to be able to call a professional as soon as you notice signs of trouble. Look for these signs:
- Frequent sewer backups
- Having more than one fixture clogged at the same time
- Odd reactions when using your plumbing, such as overflows and strange noises
- Lush, green, wet spots in your lawn
- The smell of sewage